Toddler have different nutritional needs than adults. They need more fat and less fiber. Pay attention to these differences when you plan to eat toddler menu:
Sugar & Salt – forget the use of sugar and salt in the baby menu. Even if he had aged over 1 year, limit its use. Consumption of salt to a toddler no more than 1 / 6 the maximum number of adults per day or less than 1 gram. Observe infant food because the food of adults is not necessarily suitable for him. Sometimes mother made-food too much salt or sugar, or even contain any preservatives or artificial coloring.
Serves Dinner – Serves children eat is also different with adults. They need food full of energy sources of nutrition in the number of smaller but frequent.
Needs Energy & Nutrition – Raw food such as carbohydrate source of energy, proteins, fats and vitamins, minerals and fiber must be consumed by children every day. Arrange to have all these sources of nutrients in the daily menu.
Growth Milk – Milk as a source of calcium, toddlers consumed are also important. Toddlers need at least 350 ml/12 oz per day. The growth of dairy milk is complete nutrition that can meet the nutritional needs of children aged 12 months upwards and complement your baby’s menu.
So if the ‘balanced diet’ that?
A balanced diet is a combination of:
- Such as rice, bread, cereals, potatoes, or noodles.
- Recommend a variety of carbohydrates in turn.
- In addition to the main menu, carbohydrates can be processed as a snack or school supplies such as bread pudding or a delicious potato donuts.
Fruit and vegetables
- Such as bananas, papayas, oranges, tomatoes, and carrots
- Various types of vegetables contain different nutrients.
- Give every day either in the form of fresh or processed into juice.
Milk and dairy products
- Milk growth
- Dairy products like cheese and yogurt
- Make sure you get a toddler enough calcium intake from milk consumption
- Like fish, milk, meat, eggs, nuts
- Snooze gift when arising allergic or replace with other protein sources.
- For vegetarians, combine the milk with liquor consumption yield higher vitamin C to help absorption of iron.
Fats and sugars
As contained in the oil, coconut milk, and butter, bread, and cakes also contain omega 3 and 6 are important for brain development. Make sure you get the toddler essential fat and sugar sufficient for growth. However, it should be noted that the fat and sugar is not used as a substitute for other foods.
Foods to Avoid
Some foods need extra attention to be avoided, include:
- The food is too greasy, junk food, and foods containing preservatives should be avoided. Use fresh food for family meals, especially for toddlers.
- The use of salt. when necessary should be used in small amounts. And choose iodised salt is good for health. When buying packaged foods, watch the salt content.
- Variety of snacks on the street that is not guaranteed hygiene and nutritious. Mother can make your own ‘snacks’ for toddlers mother until he was not tempted to snack.
- Eggs and shellfish. Because often cause allergic poisoning even if you do not choose a fresh jelly and either process them. Get used to process the eggs until cooked to avoid bacteria that can interfere with digestion.
- Nuts. Because it can be also be a trigger allergies. Do not give nuts when the toddler chews unskilled because they can choke.