New born baby who always want to take something to get the feeling calm and comfortable.
No wonder if many parents think, that baby pacifier is a must to have if we had a baby. But, if the baby pacifier safe for the baby? Answer this still debated by experts.
The Positive side of Baby Pacifier
- Provides comfort. Many babies who live quiet if things suck.
- Baby Pacifier is the “entertainment” moment. For example, you can give this for a few minutes while you prepare the bottle of milk or food.
- It can help the baby to be sleeping.
- Can help from sudden death. Research to prove, given the Baby Pacifier to your baby couple minuts, can reduce the symptoms of sudden death.
- Can be immediately removed. Will be more difficult if you get the little finger or thumb suck-fingers to gain tranquility.
The Negative side of Baby Pacifier
- Eliminate demand of drink breastmilk
- Creating dependency.
- Risk of infection of the middle ear.
TIPS TO USE BABY PACIFIER
If you choose to provide it, remember some tips below:
- Wait until the baby can suckle well from his breastfeeding.
- Let the baby determine their own, when he wants to use it.
- Select the baby pacifier material with a good and easy to clean.
- If you already have a baby by fitting it is, buy some fruit.
- Maintain cleanliness, including soaking the warm water before use.
- Do not use the rope to hang on the baby’s neck
- If it apart from the baby’s mouth when she sleeps, do not enter back to the mouth.
- Find other ways to calm the baby when he was fussy or crying. Do not enter back in your baby mouth.
- Realize right, must stop at the baby pacifier to the child.
- Decision to use it is in your hands.
Watch out when using Baby Pacifier
- Sleeping with a bottle of milk still in the mouth. Milk mixture of sugar remained in the teeth for a long time will cause the occurrence of bacteria on the teeth of children.
- Suck thumbs / fingers. This habit can make a tooth grow “forward” out of lips.
- Swallow toothpaste. As a result, causing a condition known as fluorosis term, whereas in the cases in that will cause serious speck of white or brown color on the teeth.